Monday, February 10, 2014

Outfit #67: Leather and Lace












Velvet Dress: Thrifted (Similar) // Crochet Vest: Thrifted (Similar) // Jacket: Forever 21 (Buy here) // Shoes: Litas by Jeffrey Campbell (Buy here) // Hat: Thrifted (Similar) // Geometric Necklace c/o Sweet Mayhem Boutique  // Crystal Ring c/o Little Otto

So, a fashion icon of mine has always been Stevie Nicks. Not only do I love the music she creates, but her effortless, medieval/boho inspired fashion has always been a source of inspiration for me. I had grainy printed out pictures of her from the internet tacked to my wall when I was a teenager and constantly tried to emulate her style. As a geeky awkward young thing obsessed with fantasy novels and elves, Stevie's style seemed like the perfect way to look like I had come from a modern day Lothlorien.

Though my style these days shifts pretty constantly from recovering goth to anime girl to Seattle hipster to 70s rock goddess, Stevie is still always close to my fashionable little heart. This outfit was obviously 100% inspired by her - I just need a top hat!

What about you guys? Who are your consistent style icons through the years?


4 comments:

  1. If only my figure even remotely leant itself to Stevie's style. Sadly, not curve friendly as far as I can make it. I look like a lace-covered hutt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your eye makeup. And you look like you should be in a Final Fantasy game. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some seriously fierce photos, I just love the different materials' textures and detailing. Absolutely gorgeous, and so great with the red hair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...